If you want to write an anonymous e-mail without valid reply address (may be for whistleblowing porposes), you do not need an e-mail account. You can use the remailer network Mixmaster. A mixmaster mail goes around the world over some random remailers to hide your traces an will achieve by the recipient within a fem hours.
- Mixmaster uses a Tor Hidden Service vor email delivery to the mixmaster network. You have to start Tor with “Vidalia (TorGUI)” first.The statistics about running remailers are updated at startup automatically.
- You will see an simple command interface. Press the key [m] to write an new mail.
- At the next step you have to enter the recipient address and a subject of the message.
- Now you can edit the message text, press the key [e].
- It will open the editor. Important note: insert a blank line after the header lines with To: and Subject:. If the text was ready save the message and close the editor.
- If the editor was closed you are back in the mixmaster interface. You may attach a file to the message, encrypt the message using OpenPGP and afterwards send the mail to the local mixmaster pool by pressing the key [m].
- At least you have to send the messages from the local mixmaster pool to the remailers. Press the key [s] and quit mixmaster with [q].